The Sunshine State has no parallel in attracting tourism. From amazing theme parks to tempting cuisine, Florida has left no stone unturned in gaining global recognition as the leader in the tourism industry. Just when we thought the magician has run out of tricks, we are surprised by yet another turn in Florida’s ingenuity – medical tourism.
Being residents of the fifth largest city in the state, medical practitioners in Orlando have a lot to gain from the grants provided by the state to encourage medical tourism. Medical tourism is the latest phenomenon in health care where patients take advantage of low cost treatments, or high-end technology in a land far-far away. While there, why not take advantage of other things the city has to offer?
If you are running a vasectomy service in Orlando, this opens a number of doors for attracting new patients to your business. The city’s investors are constantly looking for new partners to take advantage of the medical tourism boom and you can make yourself more visible through offering attractive package deals to patients. Here’s how a small practice can benefit from the global eyes currently focused on Florida:
1. Patients from far away will not invest in a medical holiday package without doing their research. The competition is tough so you need to stand out in the web spotlight. Hire an experienced web developer and SEO service provider to make the best use of online lead generation. A visually appealing and engaging website encourages readers to ask questions. Questions lead to sales.
2. SEO services can put your website on the top ranks of search engine result pages. SEO works through keywords that readers frequently use for searching for facilities such as the one offered by your business. The more often those keywords are used within your online content, the better chance you have of scoring high on a search engine. Moreover, the search engine ranking is also highly dependent on the number of other links that lead to your website – also called back links.
3. Explore the opportunities of partnering with entertainment service providers to offer attractive bundle packages to patients. Out of towners may be interested in low cost deals at hotels or theme parts. Residents may be attracted by fine dining or other entertainment avenues. Given the growth of the medical tourism business, you are likely to find a number of establishments interested in forming such partnerships.
4. Attracting new business is useless, unless your current patients are satisfied and willing to say so. Never underestimate the power of reputation in the world of medicine. Reviews by former satisfied patients can make or break your business. Recent surveys suggest that 75% of patients who search for medical services online make decisions based on patient reviews.
5. Have multiple options available for your patients to leave reviews: email, brochures, websites, social media sites etc. Most consumers are unwilling or just too plain lazy to fill out forms and write reviews when the procedure/sale is done. Help yourself by making it easy for patients to leave reviews. Personalize the process by following up with thank you emails or phone calls.